Germany is short of many skilled workers, whilst these same workers struggle to find jobs in their own countries. The recruitment of foreign workers often fails due to language or cultural barriers, but this does not have to be the case if the selection and preparation are done well!
FOKUS Stuttgart’s pilot project - Italian cooks for Germany
The most important ingredient in your kitchen:
In the Stuttgart area alone, more than 1,500 chefs and experienced kitchen staff are currently being sought. And in the gastronomical paradise of Italy, there are many highly qualified chefs who are looking for a permanent job and who would be willing to move to Germany for the right job.
Careful selection of potential candidates who would like to work in our region on a long-term basis is crucial for the success of our project.
Italian cooks for the Stuttgart Region.
This pilot project gives us the opportunity to explore other areas of the catering and hotel industry looking for experienced staff.
Our concept: Personnel search and language training in one hand!
Working to meet demand here and provide employment for the unemployed.
Together with our partners from the countries of origin and our multicultural and multilingual team:
- we will search for your new employees from a pool of highly qualified applicants and conduct the selection interviews
- we will organize an introduction appointment on site at your company or at another desired location
- we will support you and the applicant during the first meeting, as organisers and interpreters
- we will prepare your new employees with language and intercultural training
- we will identify and apply for any available public financial support (e.g. from the EURES programme)
- we will continue to support your employees during the settling-in period in their new home
What do we expect from you?
You will provide us with precise specifications about your requirements and expectations
You will offer a fixed contract (minimum 6 months) with transparent, attractive conditions for qualified applicants
You will support your new employee in finding accommodation, including in-house accommodation for the initial period
After the arrival of your new employee, you will support their language and intercultural training in the first work phase by granting time slots and, if you wish, financial support
Specify your requirements and we will be happy to submit an interesting offer with all details.
Recruitment and placement of the specialist according to Your specifications:
Language courses leading to successful acquisition of level A2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), with a focus on job-specific language
Intercultural support to help you get started